We adjusted the recipes slightly. The recipes are below. Enjoy!
Sloppy Joes (original recipe)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped medium
1 pound seitan, chopped into bite sized pieces (we bought it pre-ground which was easier)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoons dried Italian herbs
1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon fresh black pepper
14 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
The juice of 1 lemon
3 tablespoons bbq sauce
1. Put the vegan cookies in a food processor and blend until they are finely ground.
2. Place the ground cookies in a pie pan. You will have to evenly distribute it and press it to the sides to get it to stay. Freeze for 1 hour.3. Whisk the water and cornstarch, set aside.
4. Place half of the strawberries in the food processors and blend until it becomes a strawberry juice.
5. Add the strawberry juice to a pot and warm on medium.
6. Once the strawberry juice is warm, add the cornstarch and water mix and sugar. Whisk until well combined.
7. Bring this liquid to a boil (on medium-high heat) and stir continuously until you get a thicker liquid. This should take about 5 minutes.
8. Set aside to cool for about 40 minutes.
9. Cut up the remaining strawberries and place them in the pie crust.
10. Pour the liquid mix overtop and let chill in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
11. Top with a few remaining strawberry slices.
12. This pie is best when served cold so let it sit for only about 5 minutes before you serve it.
13. Enjoy with some vegan ice cream!