Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Vegan Salad




Spring is here and I am ready to put away the butternut squash and sweet potatoes in exchange for radishes, spinach, and snow peas. Actually, the radishes I got this week were amazing! They tasted so earthy and fresh. I wanted to make a completely green salad, but ended up adding them in because they were so good. I combined kale, arugula, and romaine for the base. Then I basically added every green veggie I could find. Finally, I topped it off with some stuffed grape leaves and radishes. This salad was crunchy, filling, and most importantly, it tasted like spring!

Ingredients
1 cup of kale
1 cup of arugula
1 cup of romaine lettuce
1/4 cup chopped dill
4 small radishes
1 cucumber
1/2 cup of celery
1/2 cup chopped brocoli
1/2 cup snow peas
4 Stuffed grape leaves


Method
1. Chop kale, arugula, and lettuce and combine.
2. Chop dill, radishes, cucumber, celery, and brocoli. Add these to the salad.
3. Add the snow peas and grape leaves.
4. Enjoy with your favorite dressing!

Yield
2 large salads or 4 small salads

No comments:

Post a Comment