Sunday, November 11, 2012

Apple Butter




I recently made some fall apple apple butter. It is amazingly simple and deliscious. I made two canisters of it and thought it would last a few months, we ate almost an entire canister in the first week. We had friends over for dinner and put it warm on brie, yum! I also put it on pumpkin muffins, toast, and in oatmeal. Below is the recipe.

Recipe
4 Granny Smith apples
6 sweeter apples (I used Empire and Honey Crisp)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp fresh nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
4 cinnamon sticks
1 cup of brown sugar

Method
1. Pell and chop finely all apples.
2. Place in the crock pot with all ingredients.
3. Cook on low for 9 hours stirring every 1.5 hours.
4. Serve warm and save the rest in canisters.

This came out so good I may even make some for the holidays to give out. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment