These cookies are incredibly easy to make, a filling snack, and low in sugar. They are my go to when I need a snack for work the next day. They are essentially granola made into cookies. The banana makes them moist and the oatmeal makes them filling. There is a slight sweet flavor from the maple syrup. Best of all, they only take 10 minutes to make!
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup of peanut butter
3 tbsp. maple syrup
3 tbsp. soy milk
1 tsp. cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
1 dash salt
1/4 cup flour
|Ingredients before adding flour and oats|
2 1/4 cups of oats
Optional: 1 cup of raisins or craisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
2. Mash 2 overripe bananas.
3. Mix in peanut butter, maple syrup, soy milk, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Stir in the flour.
5. Fold in oats 1 cup at a time.
6. If you are adding raisins or craisins, add here.
7. Place heaping teaspoonfuls on the cookie tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 9-10 minutes at 350 degrees fahrenheit until slightly browned on the bottom.
|Uncooked cookies ready for baking!|