Monday, January 28, 2013

Frozen Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars


Frozen Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars

A word of warning, these bars are highly addictive! I made these bars a few weeks ago because I wanted something to snack on at work besides celery. They only made it to work for one day before Rich and I devoured them. They are the closest thing I have every made to a chocolate  bar. When served cold, the first sensation on your tongue is chocolate followed by a sweet peanut butter flavor. They are the perfect midday pick-me-up with a little chocolate and some nuts to sustain you until your next meal.

You can experiment with your own variations but the recipe below is the most delicious version I have made so far!

Ingredients 
1/2 cup almonds (you can also use peanuts)
1 cup of dates
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup dried coconut
1 tbsp coco powder
1 tbsp soy milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips

Method
1. Chop the almonds in a food processor.
2. Add the dates and chop in the food processor again.
3. Add the remaining ingredients besides the chocolate chips and process until well mixed. The consistency should be sticky and there should not be excess liquid.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
5. Spread the mixture into a 9 inch pie tin on top of parchment paper.
6. Make sure the mixture is evenly distributed and flatten the top with your hand.
7. Freeze the mixture for at least one hour.
8. Place the finished product, bottom up, on a cutting board and chop into desired sizes with a chopping knife.
9. Store in the freezer, they are best when they are cold!
10. Hide in a secret place (I suggest under the frozen lima beans) where no one will eat them all on you!

2 comments:

  1. These look delish! Anything peanut butter and chocolate combined is heaven in my book! And I won't have much guilt after eating one of these. I like your blog - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hanna! Enjoy and let me know how they come out.

    ReplyDelete