Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Get Your Greens Smoothie



My favorite breakfast in the morning is a good green smoothie! When I eat a green smoothie, I have a better day. I feel like I got my greens in early, I get lots of vitamins, and they are so tasty! This smoothie is my favorite so far. First of all, I think pineapple makes any smoothie better by adding its tropical sweetness. The kale brings an appreciated earthy flavor. The spinach is actually a little sweet and brings a nice fresh flavor. Finally, the banana brings a smooth consistency. I am already looking forward to my next one tomorrow!
 
Ingredients
3/4 cup kale
3/4 cup spinach
1 large banana
2 cups pineapple (or another fruit)
2 cups soy milk
Kale and spinach

 Method
1. Throughouly rinse kale and spinach.
2. Remove stems from the kale (otherwise you will get yucky chunks in your smoothie).
3. Blend kale and spinach in a food processor or blender until finely chopped.
3. Add banana and blend again.
4. Add pineapple or any other frozen fruit and blend again.
5. Slowly add the soy milk and blend again.
6. Serve cold!






What kind of smoothie is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment