Last night I was craving something sweet but healthy. I combined a couple of recipes to get Vegan Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. Probably the best part of vegan baking is the fact that you can eat the raw batter without having to worry about raw eggs. I took full advantage last night, the raw batter was just a good as the final product!
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 TSP vanilla
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup of oats
1 TSP baking soda
1/8 TSP salt
1 TSP cinnamon
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
3/4 cup jumbo raisins
|The batter will be very dry before you add the soy milk.|
|The batter after soy milk is added.|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
2. Mix brown sugar and peanut butter until well blended.
3. Add vanilla, flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. The batter will be very dry at this point, don't worry!
4. Add soy milk and stir until everything is blended.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and raisins.
6. Take a sample taste!
7. Roll into 1.5 inch balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
8. Bake for 10 minutes.
9. Enjoy with a cold glass of your favorite non-dairy milk!