Lately, I have been dedicated to having a salad per night. It makes me feel really healthy, but I have been getting a little bored with the same toppings. Last week I tried to be adventurous and make some spice covered tempeh. There were way too many spices on the tempeh which dried it out and it wasn't enjoyable to eat. Tonight I made a delicious baked tempeh which I put on my salad. I used a liquid base to flavor it. It was moist and hearty with a sweet flavor. I highly recommend it!
|Sweet Chili sauce is a great sweetener because it adds flavor.|
1/2 apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. sweet sauce chili
5-6 pieces chopped pineapple
1 package tempeh
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk together the first 3 ingredients until blended.
3. Cut the tempeh in half and then once down the middle to make it thinner.
4. Place the tempeh in an 8 inch pie pan.
5. Cover the tempeh with the sauce and pineapple so that it is mostly covered in liquid.
6. Bake for 12 minutes on each side.
7. Enjoy on a salad, as a side, or over rice.