A foodie website dedicated to sharing delicious vegan recipes.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
This weekend I visited Serendipity Bed and Breakfast upstate. The owner made us baked oatmeal which was amazing! I decided to try to make my own the next day. I added apples, cinnamon, and pecans. It was delicious! A word of warning, this recipe does have eggs in it. Hey, it was the weekend. Sometimes I am not completely vegan on the weekend (in fact this weekend I was definitely not vegan). I will try to make a vegan version in the future. In the meantime, this recipe was sweet, crunchy, and it made a filling breakfast.
3 cups oatmeal
2 tsps cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup raisins
½ cup pecans
2 granny smith apples
1. Combine oatmeal, cinnamon, cloves, and baking powder in large bowl.
2. In a small bowl combine milk, whisked eggs, and sugar.
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients until combined.
4. Mix in raisins, pecans, and granny smith apples.
5. Place in a greased 9 in square baking dish (I like to use Earth Balance).