Friday, April 12, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter



This recipe is so quick and easy. You don't need to add anything to the peanuts at all and they still taste delicious. I cannot believe I didn't start making my own peanut butter sooner. It is so inexpensive and fresh. It is also healthier with no added sugar or salt. It looks great in mason jars and makes a lovely gift!

Ingredients
6 cups of unsalted organic peanuts

Method
1. Mix the peanuts in a food processor 2 cups at a time. Be patient, my first few batches were not very creamy. Depending on the strength of your processor I would leave them in there for 5-8 minutes. If you notice the nuts are getting stuck on the side, stop the processor and scrape the sides. Continue until your peanut butter is creamy.



I prefer it completely raw but you can add a little salt or honey to adjust the flavor at the end. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment